I really think that by blogging this semester my knowledge of blogs has greatly increased. I feel that this will be a valuable asset to have on my resume when I get out into the real world and start looking for jobs. My blog topic worked out very well for me because it was so broad and there is a chance that I may even continue blogging because my topic makes it so easy for me to have things to write about. In all I am happy that I have gained so much blogging experience during such a short period of time and I am thankful that it was all at a good pace and I was able to keep up. But as for now i am signing off..
Originally when making this post I thought it would be best to make a huge list of all of the reasons that freshmen girls should rush but when I got to writing it down I really just felt that there was only one major reason. The one reason was enough to sell the whole sorority thing to me and all of my friends so I felt that I could go with a list of just one and that would really be more than enough reason to convince any young woman who is considering rushing.
1. SISTERHOOD: If you have never had a sister, trust me this is the place for you. If you have a sister at home or just not a school with you this is where you will get your daily dose of sisterly love. As soon as accept your bid you automatically have 100+ friends. Going off of that if you are new at the school and don’t know many people this is perfect because you now have people who want to hangout with you, all because you’re in the same group. You also inherit a bunch of mentors, all the older girls who have been though the same stuff you’re gong through now, school, boys, parents. This is the best way to become “21” before you are actually 21, if you catch my drift! In all honesty there is so much more that i could say but if these few reasons don’t catch your attention then maybe Greek life is not the life for you..
You can’t tell me you wouldn’t want friends like these?
If you go to TXST or are coming to TXST click here to learn more about going greek!
So as a freshman there are many things that you must get used to/overcome. The largest one of these things for me was and still is Dorm Life. Yes its nice to always have people around so that you are never lonely or bored but the bad parts of living in a dorm far outweigh the good. Just like all of my other posts i have compiled a list; this list contains the 15 reasons that I absolutely hate living in a dorm…
1. As you can tell by the video, my room is the size of a shoebox.
2. Sharing a bathroom is not one of my strengths.
3. Noisy Neighbors, I don’t really have this problem personally but, I know plenty of friends who are affected by this.
4. I feel as though i can never really get my room clean, no matter how hard I try it always seems so dirty.
5. No kitchen, so we are forced to eat gross school food or become even more broke by going out to eat.
6. My closet only fits half of my clothes.
7. We are not able to control the temperature in our rooms. So if it is freezing we just have to cover up, and if its hot we must sweat to death.
8. YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PRIVACY
9. The place that should be the cleanest in the entire dorm, The Laundry Room, is filthy and smells like mildew (also people will steal your clothes if you leave them unattended for too long).
10.When I am in my room at home I don’t have any need to lock my door but, here it is a must because you don’t want some crazy to come in and steal all your stuff.
11. I sometimes wonder if some of my friends roommates were not taught any manners as a child because they have no respect for others or their property.
12. We don’t even get the luxury of a microwave in your rooms so we must use the community microwave in the room with the roaches
13. No you may not sleep in my bed without asking/telling me first.
14. You have no sleep schedule. If your roommate is awake you are awake, if a fire alarm goes off because, some idiot burnt popcorn for the 5th time, at 5 o’clock in the morning you are up and outside in the freezing cold. You don’t determine when you sleep your peers do.
15. Sleepovers: usually such a happy word. No not when they are with the opposite sex. Surprise your roommate brings home a guy to stay the night, she didn’t give you a single warning. Cool.
So in all, college is a fabulous experience and living in a dorm is something that we all must go through. I am not saying don’t go to college because of the dorm situation all I am trying to tell you is not to go into it with a super positive “can do” attitude because, DORM LIFE SUCKS!
I hope you guys enjoy my photos and because of them I hope you go to your local Painting with a Twist. I think this is a great way to relax and have fun with friends. I loved going and also putting together this post to go along with my experience! So go off and paint!